Boston Baby Photos Blog
Contact Jess

617-501-6078

email jess directly

I'm Jessica McDaniel, and May 2021 will mark my 18th anniversary photographing babies and their families all around Boston.

BBP Demo Video

JOIN THE COMMUNITY

Find BBP On Facebook
Facebook Pagelike Widget
Archives
© 2021

This little one decided to give his/her parents a kick as we were taking some pictures on their couch – I love these expressions 🙂
0887 by you.

And this lovely mama Erin asked, as I was leaving, if I thøught the line below her belly button (a.k.a. linea nigra – which, yes, I had to google in order to figure out the spelling) would show up in the photos. I gave her my usual answer to this question, which is, “Oh, I can edit it out if you don’t like it…” and I loved her response… “Oh, no, I’m hoping you will be able to see it. I think it’s cool. I feel like it looks like a seam.” 🙂
0859 by you.

Love this:
0790 by you.

A fun laughing one:
0800 by you.

On the back deck:
0802 by you.

And this one I’ve seen done, I can’t remember where, probably BabyCenter.com or somewhere… and so had Erin. She described it to me, and I knew what she meant. I don’t usually bring props, but she said she didn’t have blocks for her baby yet — come on, no blocks?! poor child is going to be needing those momentarily! 🙂 But I said no problem, I’d bring some of my daughters’ blocks for this shot. But then when I went digging through the toys, I could only find one B block. So I brought a lowercase d, and promised her I’d fix it in Photoshop. Gotta love digital photography!

What a fun shoot! Great to meet you guys. Can’t wait to meet your little one in a few weeks.

0821 by you.

Comments

Jessica B.
    Aug 07 2009
    I love the "Baby" photo and the one of you and Chris laughing. These will be so precious to you both - especially in years to come. I also like the blog about the shoot - it makes a nice memory. Erin - the linea negra? I love it.
    Maria @ A Mom Is Born
    Aug 07 2009
    What a great memento these photos will be!
    Beth
    Aug 07 2009
    I have never seen anything like these before. How cool! And, you look great Erin!
    The Neumanns
    Aug 08 2009
    Wonderful Pictures!
    JChisholm
    Aug 08 2009
    It's fun to see such an exciting and special time captured in beautiful photographs. They are all great but I think it's especially sweet to see the ones showing the excited and loving expressions of Erin & Chris!
    S. Blalock
    Aug 09 2009
    Mama looks so content and beautiful. What a wonderful memory captured in these pictures.
    JLurding
    Aug 10 2009
    I love the pics and the commentary is fun. You guys look so happy and content! Erin, you look fabulous!
    rachel
    Aug 10 2009
    great pics, Er! you look gorgeous in the "on the back deck" picture. can't wait to meet little alff!
    Laura
    Aug 10 2009
    Erin! These are great photos of you and Chris! love each of them. Can't wait to meet little Alff!
    Norma
    Aug 10 2009
    Love seeing the pictures of Erin and Chris. Since they live SO FAR AWAY we haven't been able to enjoy seeing them (okay - able to watch Erin grow) - she's beautiful, by the way. Can't wait to see pictures of the baby and proud parents!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Nana Alff
    Aug 10 2009
    I'm sure the baby will be as awesome in visible life as she/he is in these pictures.
    Nana Alff
    Christine
    Aug 11 2009
    What great photos Erin! You and Chris are so cute. I especially love the one of you on the back deck. I can't wait to see photos of your little one too! :)
    Sara
    Aug 12 2009
    these came out great erin! love the one with the baby literally coming out at you! i think he/she is ready to meet the parents!
    Dad & Mom
    Aug 12 2009
    Oh our Baby Girl is having a baby!! We're so happy and excited! Can't wait to see that little one.
    Lauren
    Aug 13 2009
    Erin, Greg and I expect an 8x10 glossy of the one of Chris kissing your belly (not shown). We will hang it over our fireplace.

No, in all seriousness - these are great!